Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married: Marian Keyes

>> Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married by Marian Keyes

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I really enjoy Marian Keyes' different style of writing. She is quick witted, humorous and yet at the same time she is deep and complex. She has a way of keeping things engaging. I was entranced in the first two chapters. This book has both good and bad reviews but I have to say you need to accept it for what it is and not what you want it to be. If you do any reading or thinking at all in your life you figure out in the first couple of chapters who the mystery man is going to be but allow yourself to find out how he comes to be.

I respect the fact that you can see Lucy grow throughout this novel. She begins to change her self image, how she treats herself, and how others treat her. There's a turning point I love in a snooty restaurant where you know there's no going back. I love how she falls in love and the process of it that is outlined in the book. It's friendship before love and love before lust. It's a great book if you really just read it for what it is.

Maybe I too a am hopeless romantic, but I enjoyed this book.

0 books opened: