The Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe - CS Lewis

>> Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I actually thought these books were going to be an annoying set of children fantasy, which in a way they are. But after crying through parts of this book, (which is first in the set according to when CS Lewis wrote them) I realized I could read this book a hundred times and learn something new, and how wonderful is that? I am amazed at Lewis' writing abilities and the knowledge and passion that he had for life in general. I am stunned at his 'knowledge' of the plan of salvation and the life and purpose of our Savior, it all comes through so very adamantly and plainly in this book. There are so many coincidences and analogies and symbolisms that I won't go into them here, but I am so excited to finish this series so I can read it again. It is absolutely brilliant.

0 books opened: